Aivar Taro has acted for clients in multiple domestic and cross-border real estate transactions, including acquisitions and disposals of commercial, industrial and other types of property and development projects.
Aivar has been involved in several real estate planning and development projects, advising clients throughout the phase of zoning and designing up to construction and lease of premises.
Aivar also possesses in-depth knowledge of the renewable energy sector and has extensive track record in this field.
|2001-2002||City Government of Tartu, Department of Communal Services, Lawyer|
|2002||University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, MA cum laude|
|2001-2002||University of Konstanz, Erasmus exchange programme, Konstanz, Germany|
|2004||Estonian Bar Association|
|2000||United Nations Association of Estonia|
Estonian, English, German (conversational), Russian (conversational)
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide: Securitisation 2012" - 18. May 2012
- "Challenging the Estonian renewable energy market" - 24. January 2012
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Securitisation 2011" - 20. June 2011
- "What to consider when purchasing real estate from compulsory sale?" - 23. November 2010
- “How are subcontractors responsible for damage caused to general constructors due to delay“
- “The Current Situation in Property-Related Legal Counselling.” LMH Newsletter. February 2010
- “Can Lease Agreement be Terminated?“ LMH blogwww.dv.ee. 3 July 2009
- “MiFID Implementation in the Baltic States.” International Bar Association (IBA) Newsletter. 2008
- “Loss and Damage Caused by Breach of Community Law: Liability of Member States of the European Union.” Juridica 3 (2003):169
- Practice head Aivar Taro is esteemed for his experience in a variety of real estate transactions, with observers describing him as “an excellent practitioner.” He is particularly active in acquisitions and disposals of commercial properties. Chambers Europe 2012